Health and Safety at MassVR
We take the health and safety of all our guests and employees seriously at MassVR. To ensure everyone has the best experience, the following rules and procedures have been put in place:
- All guests musts wear a face mask throughout their entire visit at MassVR, including during their gameplay. If you do not have a face mask, one will be available for purchase. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone who does not comply with this policy. Guests who fail to adhere to our mask policy may have their reservations canceled without refund.
- Employees are required to wear face masks while in the facility. They are also required to wear gloves when handling player equipment.
- All players need to register for their game sessions prior to arrival at MassVR. Your confirmation email includes a link to register online. This saves you time as well as reducing the need for shared computers.
- All reservations are for “private arenas,” you will not be combined with any other booking in the same arena. Because of this, all reservations require a minimum of 4 people. Hallow Realm may accommodate two different groups playing against each other in two separate arenas.
- In addition to our already thorough sanitation procedure, each player unit goes through UV-C sterilization after every game. Employees wipe all surfaces of each player unit (backpacks, headsets, and handheld controllers) with disinfecting wipes, and then place the units in a sterilization cabinet for 15 minutes. Player units are then returned to their stations, clean and ready for the next game!
- All shared spaces and surfaces are cleaned hourly, including escalator handrails, door handles, and seating.
- We do not have public restrooms. Restrooms can be located in the mall next to Mario Tricoci.
Experience at MassVR
What should I wear?
This is an active experience, so wear comfortable clothing and footwear. High heels, sandals and flip-flops are not permitted. Athletic shoes are encouraged.
Can I wear glasses?
Glasses are not necessary for most people to see clearly through our adjustable head-mounted displays. Though they are permitted, we encourage playing without glasses or recommend wearing contacts. Most glasses fit comfortably while wearing the head-mounted display.
What should I do with my personal items?
All personal items (cell phones, sunglasses, jewelry etc.) must be removed and stored before suiting up. MassVR is not responsible for any loss or theft of personal items while on the premises.
How do I make a reservation?
You can book now on our website or give us a call at (872) 225-2869 during our business hours to process your reservation over the phone.
Do you take walk-ins?
Yes, we do take walk-ins subject to our availability. We recommend calling in advance or booking online.
How much does it cost?
Sessions are $27 per person Friday-Sunday. Sessions Monday-Thursday are $22 per person.
Do you offer group/event rates?
Yes, we offer large group/private party packages suited for 8 or more people. Please contact our events coordinator at email@example.com for more information.
Can I add players to my reservation?
Yes, depending on availability. To reserve additional players ahead of time either email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the name on your reservation, the date and start time, or give us a call at (872) 225-2869 during our business hours.
How long is each session?
Each session lasts 45-50 minutes, including briefing/debriefing, immersed virtual training, and competitive gameplay. You will be immersed in the virtual world for approximately 25-30 minutes.
How old do you have to be to play?
The recommended age is 12 years and up to play in the arena. The minimum height requirement is 48 inches tall. For private parties the age of the player is at the discretion of the parents, however the minimum height of 48 inches tall still applies.
Participants under 18 years of age require a parent or legal guardian’s signature on our Release of Liability waiver. Children must be supervised at all times.
MassVR is not responsible for the safety of children left unsupervised. You may be asked to exit gameplay if your child requires supervision.
Will I get motion sickness?
Our system is designed in such a way that motion sickness is not likely. Most participants do not experience any symptoms of motion sickness while playing.
Will I walk into a wall?
No, our system is designed so that you avoid obstacles such as walls and other players. If you follow our safety rules and guidelines you will have a fun, collision-free experience!
How large is the arena?
Our facility hosts 4 immersive arenas, each approximately 8,000 square feet in size. Each arena can play up to 8 people at a time, for a total maximum of 32 people playing simultaneously across 4 arenas.
Some games are played within one arena, while other games operate across two arenas.
How does it all work?
Our proprietary gaming platform immerses players in head-to-head and cooperative experiences in large-scale arenas. Not only have we developed the systems that make this possible, but we also develop every title we offer through our in-house gaming studio.
When should I arrive for my session?
Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled start time. See our late arrival policy (“What if members of my group are running late?”) for more information.
What if members of my group are running late?
We try to accommodate every customer, however all sessions need to start on-time so that the experience for the following customers is not affected. We have a strict 15-minute late policy, after which time your reservation may be cancelled without refund. We will run partial reservations if some members of the group are present.
I can't make it to my reserved game time, can I cancel or reschedule?
We do not issue refunds for reserved sessions. Reservations must be rescheduled at least 72 hours in advance and are approved at the discretion of management. Rescheduled bookings are non-refundable. Please email us at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.
What are your operation hours?
Friday: 3:00pm – 8:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am – 8:00pm
Sunday: 11:00am – 8:00pm
Last games of the day start an hour before closing.
Where are you located?
4847 Old Orchard Shopping Center, Skokie, IL 60077
We are located in the Old Orchard Shopping Mall in the old Lord and Taylor building, just north of Macy’s, between Mario Tricoci and J. Jill.
Is parking available?
Yes, there is free parking at Westfield Old Orchard. The closest parking garage is the Red lot off Skokie Avenue. From there, you can enter the mall by The Gap and turn right, we are a few stores down!
We have already played before, can we skip the onboarding/training round next time?
How do you sanitize your equipment?
Can I bring people to watch?
Sure! Spectators can cheer you on from the sidelines while watching real-time in-game footage on our spectator screens. Please note there is a limit to the number of spectators permitted in each arena compliant with social-distancing guidelines.